Tuesday, June 12, 2012

RUNNERS-TRIATHLETE MAGAZINE


I LOVE this magazine. You see, I totally SUCK at running!!! I have been putting forth effort for weeks.  Still, after all this time, I'm lucky to run a 10 minute mile.  As bad as I am at running, something about running totally fascinates & inspires me.  Part of it is the fact that I can do 2 hours of many other exercises--it's hard, I'm tired & sweaty.  Try and run 8MPH fresh and I'm like KILL ME NOW!!!!!! My legs take on this BRICK feeling:)  Running is in a category all of its own.  Part of it is, in running YOU CAN'T CHEAT.  You are either running or you're not.  Most other exercises you can go at your own level, whatever that might be.

One of my favorite stories about self-improvement and how far  determination can take you is about Desiree Davila.  It can be found Here.  She is what I would call someone full of PASSION!!!!

The other Magazine I can't seem to get enough of is this one--







I was checking them out at the library,   I would never have time to read everything I wanted before it had to be returned.   The other day they had stacks of them they were getting rid of for 10 cents each.  Score for me:)  I bought them all!!!!!! Can you say "KARMA--I LOVE YOU" :) :) :)


 I love reading what the body is capable of doing.  I love reading about how others made their bodies do it.  I love reading how they act, think, what they do.  I think sometimes it's easy to forget what a disciplined body can actually do. 

I WILL not be doing anything triathlete-worthy today, I'm pretty darn sure it wont be this year. But someday I want to be able to do what these outstanding athletes do. My time & season for this is not now.
 The time these people put into training to be FREAKING AMAZING, I don't have right now.   I am a MOM and love and want to make that my first priority.   I do have however a few minutes here, an hour there,  and a couple hours on Saturdays to do something.  Someday I want to be where they are.  If it's simply finishing a marathon with the desire to do it again, that will be a good start in the right direction.


No comments:

Post a Comment