Sunday, April 29, 2012

COPY CAT POST

 I LOVE http://maintainmyweight.blogspot.com// This website.  She is always so inspiring.  Last week she had these 2 ideas that I thought were pretty brilliant.This is a picture of my delicious shake.
It is HUGE!!!! It only has 220 calories & 26 grams of protein.
 With the spinach,berries, and flax it has TONS of nutrition.  Her idea is to put your handful of spinach in a baggie, 1/2 cup berries, tsp flax, 1/2 banana and 1/2 tsp Chia seeds.  I was amazed how well this all froze up.  I thought it would not taste so great but you can't even taste the spinach.   I added 1 scoop whey protein and ice with water because I don't drink milk. It was FOAMY and delicious.
The other idea was using greek yogurt, berries and chia.  I blended this all in a blender and it made it so YUMMY.  I usually hate greek plain yogurt.  A 1 cup serving is only 180 calories but its healthy calories NOT straight sugar like most yogurts. I froze mine so that when the family is eating ice cream for FHE I can eat this and be happy also.  LOve these IDEAS

No comments:

Post a Comment