Sunday, May 6, 2012

VEGETARIAN STUFFED PEPPERS

I have been trying to remake some of my favorite recipes into a healthier version.  I LOVE stuffed peppers.  Here is a remake recipe. OKAY, do NOT judge how these will taste by my terrible picture taking skills.  The pictures do NOT look appetizing,  to say the least!!!!  However,  I thought they were delicious.  My kids would NOT even try them:)  They won't eat the real version either, so I didn't feel bad.
 For the sauce I just blended some garlic, onions, can of green chilies, and tomatoes with a few seasonings I thought sounded good that day.
 Instead of rice I used Quinoa,( want to know why quinoa look here), instead of hamburger I used a can of black beans, I added corn (yes I know it is full of starch) but remember this is a lifestyle change not a diet.  I am NOT going to go a lifetime not eating corn.  I LOVE it.  I also added about a 1/4 cup feta just because it was in the fridge:)
 My kids hate chunky anything. I am becoming more like them in that aspect everyday. Since I cook to satisfy them MOST the time;)   I blended my sauce up in my handy NINJA that I LOVE!!!!!  Mixed it with the dry ing.   Scooped it into the steamed green peppers, baked them, sprinkled with Parmesan,  in hopes it would make them look more appetizing for this picture.  It didn't work so the other ones do not have Parmesan on them.
They were delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment